Appalachian Kettle Korn is now available at the stand every day, 9-5! You do not pay admission if you are only coming to shop at the stand.
**You do not need a reservation to visit Snead’s Farm, and we only sell tickets at the gate. We do recommend that you arrive before 3 p.m. on weekends, as we will close the farm to new arrivals once the parking lots fill up. Weekdays are much less crowded, and we are unlikely to be full on those afternoons. Thank you!**
We have worked closely with local health officials to ensure a safe and fun experience on our farm this fall. Please read a letter from Emmett Snead that details how we are doing things differently this year and why.
Heirloom Pumpkin Picking Starts Sept. 26
From Sept. 26 through Nov. 1, we will be open every day, 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. The only exception to this is Wednesday, Oct. 7. This day will be a private party on the farm for our 2020 CSA members, who will be
picking up their fall boxes and pumpkins. We will be closed to the general public on Oct. 7 to maintain a safe crowd level.
During our 2020 pumpkin picking, we will offer:
- Continuous hayrides with bales placed for social distancing 7 days a week this year, in an effort to promote visitors to spread out throughout the week instead of all coming on the weekend.
- Some of the best prices in town on giant heirloom pumpkins. We charge by the pumpkin–not by the pound. Large pumpkins (in our back field) are $8 apiece; small pumpkins (in our front field) are $4 apiece. To avoid crowded lines, visitors will pay for pumpkins from the convenience of their cars as they leave the farm.
- Four mountain slides!
- Whispering Pines play forest, sand pile, llamas, horses and other animals to see, creekside play, trails, hay barn and more.
**Sunflowers will be in bloom now through Nov. 1 (unless a killing frost comes before then).**
Admission this year will be:
- $9 per person on weekdays (ages 2 and under free). On these days, we will have all attractions that we have on the weekends (including hayrides), except for our food vendors. You are welcome to bring your own food on weekdays.
- $12 per person on weekends and Columbus Day/Military Day Monday (Oct. 12). We will have our food vendors here with barbecue, kettle corn and other goodies on these days. No outside food will be allowed.
Admission payment will be made at the gate, by cash, check or any major credit card. We do not offer refunds. We do not sell online tickets, and we do not require reservations. We recommend that you arrive before 3 p.m., because we will close the farm to new arrivals once our parking lots fill up.
On Columbus Day/Military Day (Oct. 12), all military members (active and retired) and their family members will get in for half price.
Dogs on leash are welcome!
Fall 2020 Food Vendors
We ask that you not bring outside food on weekends, when our food vendors will be selling a variety of unique treats:
- Sunken Well Tavern Barbecue
- Appalachian Kettle Korn
- Apple Cider Doughnuts
- Pälzer Mädel Waffles
- Nance’s Pizza Oven
- Phoebe’s Fresh-pressed Apple Cider (Pressed on-site! Come watch this painstaking process!)
- Three Ladies Homemade Pickles
No Seasonal Events
There are currently no seasonal events going on! Make sure to check back here to find out when our next event is going to be!